1) What kind of singers are you looking for? [back to the top]
We are seeking experienced singers with good vocal skills who are interested in working with challenging repertoire. Sight reading is an asset.
2) How often does CDD rehearse? [back to the top]
Concerto Della Donna rehearses once a week and on one Saturday of every month. Rehearsals begin in the first or second week of September.
3) What should I prepare for an audition? [back to the top]
Singers interested in auditioning are required to prepare a short piece (preferably a folk song, or a selection drawn from the classical repertoire) to be sung a cappella. During the audition, the director will also ask you to do some sight-reading and will also use vocal exercises to determine your vocal range.
4) How many singers does CDD have? [back to the top]
CDD currently has 18 singers. The voices range from Soprano 1, Soprano 2, Alto 1 and Alto 2.
5) What does CDD do apart from concert performances?
[back to the top]
In addition to CDD’s own season of three concerts, the ensemble participates in national and international choral competitions, organizes concert tours, participates in events that support the local community, and produces CDs. The ensemble also organizes retreats in order to focus on repertoire, and workshops to hone skills and to develop new techniques.